When it looks like THIS outside…
…and every tree is sight is covered with frost and snow…
…it’s SO WONDERFUL to be able to pull out some of these…
…delicious green peppers, straight from the garden, rather the freezer! But straight from the garden into the freezer…
…and remember that spring is coming. But not soon enough!
Green peppers can be frozen “straight up” but please know that they will thaw and be, not mushy, but soft. They lose their crunchiness after being frozen. But that doesn’t matter when you’re dicing and tossing them into the slow cooker!
“How to Load your Slow Cooker”
I know it’s simple and basic. But here you go anyways!
- 1 1/2 lb. beef chuck roast
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasonings
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1/2 small white onion diced
- 1 large green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 12 oz. bag frozen corn
- 1 lb. pasta noodles
- Place roast into slow cooker. Season with a few pinches of salt and pepper. Sprinkle the garlic powder and Italian seasoning directly onto the beef.
- Pour the can of diced tomatoes with juices over the beef roast, then carefully toss in the diced onion and green peppers with the tomatoes.
- Cover and slow cook on low for 8 hours.
- Cook corn and pasta, as directed.
- Serve Beef Roast Marinara over Pasta with Corn.