Company is coming for dinner. And all you can think about is…do I have enough $$$ in this week’s budget to make a nice meal for our dinner guests??!!??
If you’re on a tight budget, but want to splurge a bit…to make a nice meal for your friends…but not without compromising your budget! Here you go…
This could be a meal in and of itself…but with a side salad, it’s complete!
Beef Roast for Company
Yield – 6 to 8 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 2 to 2 1/2 hours
- 2.7 lb beef round roast ($5.90) On sale $2.49/lb.
- 6 medium white potatoes ($.80)
- 2 onions, cut into quarters ($.40)
- 4 large carrots ($.40)
- 1 tsp of green spice…basil or oregano or Italian seasonings or combo ($.05)
- 1 tsp garlic powder ($.05)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can of diced tomatoes ($.19)
- Side salad with tomatoes and dressing ($2)
- Place beef roast in roasting pan with fat side up. (I did not sear this roast, but would highly recommend that for a more moist beef.) Add quartered potatoes, onions and carrots around the roast. Sprinkle with green spice, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Insert oven-safe meat thermometer.
- Pour can of petite diced red tomatoes over the roast. Place lid on roasting pan.
- Roast at 325 for 2-2.5 hours, or until meat thermometer reads how you want your roast done.
140 degrees – Rare
150 – Medium Rare
160 – Medium
170 – Well done
- Prepare salad.
- Serve Beef Roast, Potatoes, Carrots with Side Salad.
This recipe is featured on Meal Plan Monday #143.