Company is coming for dinner.Â And all you can think about is…do I have enough $$$ in this week’s budget to make a nice meal for our dinner guests??!!??
If you’re on a tight budget, but want to splurge a bit…to make a nice meal for your friends…but not without compromising your budget!Â Here you go…
This could be a meal in and of itself…but with a side salad, it’s complete!
Beef Roast for Company
- 2.7 lb beef round roast ($5.90) On sale $2.49/lb.
- 6 medium white potatoes ($.80)
- 2 onions, cut into quarters ($.40)
- 4 large carrots ($.40)
- 1 tsp of green spice...basil or oregano or Italian seasonings or combo ($.05)
- 1 tsp garlic powder ($.05)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can of diced tomatoes ($.19)
- Side salad with tomatoes and dressing ($2)
- Place beef roast in roasting pan with fat side up. (I did not sear this roast, but would highly recommend that for a more moist beef.) Add quartered potatoes, onions and carrots around the roast. Sprinkle with green spice, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
This recipe is featured on Meal Plan Monday #143.