I will be using the other half of this beef roast in a beef stew this weekend, so I’ll split the cost between the 2 meals! I really liked the way this turned out ðŸ™‚
Beef Roast and Sweet Potatoes
Cooked to perfection with superb flavor!
Servings - 4 servings
- 1.8 lb beef roast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 bag fresh spinach
- Place 1/2 - 1 cup of water (or beef broth) into slow cooker. (I like to add water to the slow cooker. I can then use the stock after the roast has cooked for the base of the stew this weekend. Or you could make a gravy too!) Place roast in center of slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Peel and quarter sweet potatoes. Place in slow cooker around and on top of roast.
- Sprinkle ground ginger, cinnamon and salt over the sweet potatoes. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Steam spinach in steamer or with a little water in a skillet. Spinach really "shrinks" when it cooks, so don't be alarmed if the spinach is falling out of the skillet! Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. (If you have any bacon grease, saute the spinach in that! Yum!)
- Serve sliced beef roast with sweet potatoes and steamed spinach.
I might have to try this. Looks delicious!
I did try this. I made sauteed asparagus instead of spinach, and used canned sweet potatoes.
I just found your site recently, and this sounds yummy. However, I’m also kind of new to crockpot cooking, so could you tell me how long (and at what temp: hi or low) that the roast needs to cook?
How long did you cook this for? On what temp? I have a roast and sweet potatoes in the house and would love to try this!
I had all of these ingredients on hand so this is what we had for dinner also. Thanks again for another great idea. I also saved and froze the broth for GF beef broth later. I left the cinnamon out though. Sooo yummy.
I really loved this recipe.
I followed your instructions but I think I only cooked it for 8 hours on low and it was sooo perfect. Nice touch w/ the cinnamon! It made my house smell so lovely!
looks yummy! I’m always looking for easy and quick ideas for a delicious dinner, can’t wait to try it out!