This recipe is from my 15-Minute Freezer Meals Cookbook! Tap below to get your book ordered!
While we the thermometers hit the triple digit mark, no one wants to heat up their kitchen…but you also might not want to stand outside and sweat the afternoon away in front of the grill either.
If that’s the case for you, then a simple skillet dinner that only takes 15 minutes to make might be your best option!
Try this tasty beef fajita skillet dinner with some sweet and refreshing fruit on the side for dinner this week!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 lb. beef for stir-fry
- 1 Tbsp homemade taco seasoning
- 12 oz bag frozen pepper and onion blend ($.80)
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes with garlic (or without will work too!)
- 6 corn tortillas, cut into 1 inch strips
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cantaloupe, watermelon or other refreshing fruit for side dish
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet. Stirfry the beef with the taco seasoning for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the beef has cooked through.
- Toss in the frozen peppers, diced tomatoes and let cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the corn tortilla strips into the dish and stir into the sauce.
- Cover and let simmer over low heat for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat immediately. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve Beef Fajita Skillet with sliced fruit as side dish.