This meal reminded me of Chipotle. The jumbo burrito shells. The rice. The meat mixture. The toppings. Wrap it all up. Mmm…
Only difference. This meal cost $5…and a meal for our family at Chipotle would be well over $20!
Well, that. And the spices weren’t quite the same. Just experiment and add whatever zippiness your burritos deserve!
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 pkg. 8 burrito shells
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 15 oz. can black beans drained and rinsed (or 2 cups cooked black beans)
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 pkg. taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Optional: Lettuce sour cream, salsa, guacamole
- 2 heads broccoli
- In a small saucepan, cook the 1 cup of rice as indicated on package instructions. Set aside with lid on to keep warm.
- Warm burrito shells according to package directions.
- In large skillet, brown the ground beef. Drain, rinse and return to skillet.
- In the skillet, combine the beef, black beans, diced tomatoes, and seasoning packages. Simmer over medium heat until hot.
- Spoon the rice and then the meat mixture into warmed burrito shells.
- Dress with lettuce, shredded cheese, or sour cream as desired. Combine leftovers with some cheese and reheat to make a great dip to eat with tortilla chips or doritos the next day for lunch.
- Steam broccoli in stove top steamer or in microwavable bowl with 1/2 cup water covered with plastic wrap for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve Beef and Black Bean Burritos with Steamed Broccoli.