I snatched up this pork roast for just $1.25/lb! We will not eat all 4.5 lbs in one meal, so I’ll cook it in the slow cooker, each some tonight and then use the rest of the meat to make North Carolina Pulled Pork Sandwiches on Thursday, and another meal using shredded pork in the future.
Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Roast
The BEST way to cook a pork roast!
Servings - 6 servings
- 1/2 cup water
- 3-4 lb. bone-in pork roast
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 lb. bag shredded carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 15 oz. can pork and beans
- Place 1/2 cup of water in the base of the slow cooker. Add 1 cup of BBQ sauce and whisk.
- Add pork roast to slow cooker and cover with BBQ sauce. Set on low and cook for 8 hours.
- In large bowl, combine shredded carrots, raisins, mayonnaise and sugar. Mix well.
- Warm pork and beans in small saucepan or in the microwave.
- When roast is finished cooking, remove it carefully and cut into slices for dinner. Shred the remaining pork and place in tupperware. Add any leftover BBQ sauce to the pork for the upcoming sandwiches and other meal.
- Serve BBQ Pork Roast with Carrot Raisin Salad and Beans.
Amy @ Finer Things says
Hi Erin. Ditch that can of pork and beans and try my baked beans with a kick! Yum! 😉 Don’t know if they qualify for your $5 challenge… probably shouldn’t be considered a meal (although I eat them for a meal!) but I linked up anyway. Enjoy! Amy
Michelle G says
I really, really love your blog so I wanted to give you an award! Drop by here to pick it up! http://nmgills.blogspot.com/2009/05/yeah-i-got-another-award.html
You asked for advice on the chicken wire thing. I don’t use chicken wire but i too live in the country setting and lots of pesky little critters. I was told to use fox urine, or coyote urine around my property area and that will repell all little critters away. It works!!!!! You can buy all over especially hunting goods stores very reasonible priced. Just offering my fyi.
I can’t wait to try this! I’ve made your recipe for BBQ Pork Ribs in the crock pot several times. My family (and I) love it! Thanks for sharing these easy (and inexpensive) recipes.
[email protected] Homemade says
I just love all your great meal ideas! Thanks for hosting!
Meatloaf Surprise here. We’ll be having a pork loin roast later this weekend that I got for almost free thanks to the $6 off coupon at gatherroundthegrill.com