I intended just to make mini meatloaves tonight. With a “blop” of BBQ sauce on each mini-loaf. But there was extra meat mixture left after filling the “12 muffin tin”,Â so I went to grab my “6 muffin tin” for the rest of the meat…but ended up pulling out the mini-muffin tin instead…to make “meatloaf bites!”
The boys LOVED the meatloaf bites!
We did NOT eat all 12 mini meatloaves and 12 meatloaf bites tonight…so I froze the leftovers for a future lunch or dinner!
BBQ Mini Meatloaves and Meatloaf Bites
- 1.7 lb. ground beef ($2.19) On sale for $1.29/lb a few weeks back...the LOWEST price I've EVER seen on ground beef!
- 1 egg ($.10)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (I prefer homemade) ($.20)
- 1/4 (HUGE) red onion, finely chopped ($.20)
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped ($.20)
- "Blops" of BBQ sauce on each mini-loaf (FREE) Back when Kraft put out the high value coupons (June, I think!), I stocked up on free BBQ sauce!
- 1 lb. green beans ($.68) On sale this week! I've NEVER seen fresh green beans priced so low!
- 1 tsp olive oil ($.05)
- 6 slices bread ($.30)
- 6 Tbsp margarine ($.20) (dairy free...Smart Balance with Flax is the only dairy free margarine I've found...if you know of another, I'd love to know!)
- Dash of garlic salt for each toast ($.05)
- In mixing bowl, combine ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, finely chopped red onion and finely chopped garlic. Scoop into regular size (or mini size) muffin tins, filling about 2/3-3/4 full. Press your finger into each meat muffin to create a small "well" for the BBQ sauce. Add a "blop" (about 1 tsp) of BBQ sauce to each muffin...regular size and mini!
- Bake mini meatloaves and meatloaf bites at 350 for 30-35 minutes, or until no longer pink in the middle. Remove from muffin tin and place on plate.
- Saute green beans in skillet with olive oil for 4-6 minutes, or cooked to your preferred "crunchiness" or "softness." Stir often! Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Make garlic toast in toaster or toaster oven.
- Serve BBQ Mini Meatloaves and/or Meatloaf Bites with Sauteed Green Beans and Garlic Toast.