So I was NOT thinking clearly about the new dairy allergy when I wrote up my meal plan for the week and included pizza!Â Hello, CHEESE!Â So this pizza is cheeseless!Â I thought it tasted fine without the cheese, as the BBQ and red onions gave it a rich flavor.Â (But still, there’s just something odd about a cheeseless pizza!)
I’m on this “lets see how few dishes I can use,” so I’ve started marinating meats in the dish I plan to cook them in (except when grilling of course!)
Let’s get to the recipe!
- 2 chicken breasts ($1.66)
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (free) Used $1 Kraft coupon when on sale for $.98 🙂
- Homemade Pizza Crust ($.80)
- 1/2 large red onion ($.29)
- 2 crushed garlic cloves ($.10)
- 1/2 - 1 cup BBQ sauce (free)
- Lettuce from the garden (free from the garden)
- 1 Roma tomato ($.35) Also on sale this week!
- 1/2 cucumber ($.25) On sale for $.50 each this week!
- 2 small sweet potatoes ($.99) for the boys, as they are not big salad eaters!
- Dice chicken breasts and pour 1 cup of BBQ sauce over the pieces. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Saute chicken pieces in skillet over medium high heat for 8-10 minutes, or until chicken has cooked through.
- Prepare homemade pizza dough in the bread machine. Recipe/Directions here.
- Meanwhile, saute chopped red onions and garlic in 1 tsp olive oil for 4-5 minutes, or until onions become more opaque.
- Roll pizza crust onto pizza pan or baking stone. Top with 1/2 - 1 cup of BBQ sauce and spread around with spoon.
- Top with cooked diced chicken and sauted red onions. (Top with 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese!)
- Dice tomato and cucumber. Toss with lettuce and salad dressing.
- Slit or vent sweet potatoees. Bake sweet potatoes at 350 for 1 hour in glass baking dish with 1 cup of water, or microwave for 7-10 minutes. Microwave cooking time will vary depending on thickness of each sweet potato.
- Serve Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza with Garden Salad and Sweet Potatoes.