So I was NOT thinking clearly about the new dairy allergy when I wrote up my meal plan for the week and included pizza!
So this pizza is cheeseless!
I thought it was fine without the cheese, as the BBQ and red onions gave it a rich flavor.
…still, there’s just something odd about a cheese-less pizza! lol
Of course, you could add a little shredded mozzarella, cheddar or combo of both to this pizza.
- 2 chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 large homemade or store bought pizza crust
- 1/2 large red onion chopped
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- Dice chicken breasts and pour 1 cup of BBQ sauce over the pieces. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Saute chicken pieces in skillet over medium high heat for 8-10 minutes, or until chicken has cooked through.
- Prepare homemade or store bought pizza dough as directed.
- Meanwhile, saute chopped red onions and garlic in 1 tsp olive oil for 4-5 minutes, or until onions become more opaque.
- Roll pizza crust onto pizza pan or baking stone. Top with 1/2 - 1 cup of BBQ sauce and spread around with spoon.
- Top with cooked diced chicken and sautéed red onions. Optional, top with 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese!
- Bake at 400 F for 25 minutes, or as directed by crust recipe.
- Serve Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza with favorite sides.