Flavor overload my friend. This right here will make your taste buds explode!
Amazing smoked chicken doused in BBQ sauce and mixed with a bunch of fresh summer veggies…then topped with cheddar cheese (I’d suggest sharp cheddar for this one!)…piled high over a plate of pasta.
Seriously, I might have had to wipe a little drool off my chin while I typed this up! You’ll want to add this to your meal plan ASAP!
P.S. If your store doesn’t have precooked smoked chicken, you could grill 2 chicken breasts coated in BBQ sauce, then chop them up and mix them in.
Barbecue Spaghetti with Smoked Chicken
Yield – 4 – 6 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
- 6 oz whole grain spaghetti (about half a package)
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 cup bell peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes, canned, undrained
- 2 cups smoked chicken breasts, precooked, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Boil the pasta according to package directions. Drain. Do not rinse. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat two tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add celery, bell peppers, and onions and saute until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in barbecue sauce, tomatoes, and chicken. Stir and bring to a low boil.
- Simmer for 2 minutes to let the flavors meld together.
- Plate the pasta and top with chicken mixture. (Or mix it all together.)
- Serve Barbecue Spaghetti with Smoked Chicken sprinkled with cheese and green onions.