Remember the Slow Cooker Beef Roast with Balsamic Onions?!?
Well, you should just bookmark it now and make it next time you have a beef roast on hand. Or better yet, toss it with some pasta and might I say you won’t regret it!
I used up a BOGO beef roast from the freezer, a yellow onion and some $.50/box pasta. Along with half of a $1 green pepper and a $.99 Romaine lettuce head with a homemade salad dressing for the salad.
That is all I have to say.
- Few drizzles of olive oil
- 1.3 lb beef roast
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 3-4 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb penne pasta use rice pasta for GF meal
- 1/2 head Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 green pepper
- Homemade salad dressing
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Drizzle some olive oil into the slow cooker and add the beef roast. Add the sliced onions and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Set on low and cook for 8 hours. Once cooked, pull/shred into bite size pieces.
- As the cooking time on the beef roast nears its end, cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and add to a large bowl.
- Toss the pasta with the beef pieces and onions. Add about 1/4 cup of the beef-balsamic broth from the slow cooker and toss with the pasta and beef.
- Prepare salad and dressing.
- Serve Balsamic Beef and Onions Pasta with side salad.