So serving pork chops with applesauce is a thing. Like, a big thing.
And this is the fresh and ‘gourmet-ized’ version of pork chops and applesauce.
Pork chops, covered in cinnamon dusted apple slices and red onion strips, and baked to perfection.
We adore these pork chops and I hope you do too!
Baked Cinnamon Apple Pork Chops
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 minutes
- 4 boneless pork chops
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small red onion
- 4 small Granny Smith apples
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 dinner rolls, as side dish
- Salad, as side dish
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly grease a 9×13-inch glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the pork chops into the baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the red onion. Peel and slice the apples. Place them in a bowl with the sliced red onion, and then toss with the lemon juice. (The lemon juice is to keep the apples from browning.)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt. Toss with the apples, then pour the cinnamon-apple mixture over the pork chops.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 40 minutes, or until pork chops are cooked through. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the chops.
- Warm dinner rolls.
- Prepare the salad.
- Serve Baked Cinnamon Apple Pork Chops with salad and dinner rolls.
Freeze & Thaw Instructions: Prepare pork chops, onions and apples, and cinnamon-apple mixture as directed above. Add pork chops to a freezer safe tray, top with additional ingredients, cover, label, and freeze. Thaw in the fridge overnight, or a warm shallow dish of water for about 20 minutes, before transferring to the oven and baking as directed.