This dish sorta turned into an experiment. I started with a plan in mind. And it kept changing as I found new things in the fridge to add to the dish!
I needed to use the eggplant and cubanelle peppers I picked from the garden this week. And I had 2 green tomatoes in the fridge (more on the green tomato situation in the next garden update!). Why not throw those in too?
So this is what we got!
- 12 oz. spaghetti noodles
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped chopped
- 2 small Roma tomatoes, diced diced
- 1 small green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 small eggplant diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes undrained
- 2 small chicken breasts, diced diced
- 1 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In medium saucepan, cook spaghetti noodles as indicated on the package. Drain and place into greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In large skillet, add olive oil, onion, green tomatoes, pepper, eggplant, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Saute until veggies begin to soften.
- Add the sauteed veggies in with the spaghetti.
- In the same skillet, saute the chicken pieces for 5-7 minutes. Add in with the spaghetti and veggies and gently toss. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve Baked Chicken Spaghetti. Enjoy!