Holy flavor explosion. Like, whoa.
I love these kinds of ‘budget-gourmet’ kinds of meals and I love that they are outside of my kiddos’ ‘food comfort zone.’ And the best part about this one…it’s so packed with flavor that everyone was licking their plates and asking for more.
You could absolutely make this with boneless chicken thighs, or even boneless skinless chicken breasts. The sauce is UH-mazing and will cook beautifully with any of these cuts of chicken.
Also, this dish is freezer-friendly. You can freeze the chicken in a tray with the sauce (then you just have to thaw in the fridge and add the tray to the oven.) Or you can freezer the chicken with the sauce in a freezer baggie (use our bag holders for no-mess prep!) and then thaw and transfer the chicken with sauce to baking dish and baking as directed.
Hope you love this lemony-buttery-capery-saucy chicken as much as we did!
Baked Chicken Piccata
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- Salt and pepper
- 4 lemons
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white cooking wine
- 1 cup brown rice, as side dish
- Fresh veggies or salad, as side dish
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Place the chicken thighs into baking dish. Brush with melted butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the lemons. Arrange lemon slices, capers and minced garlic over the chicken thighs.
- Pour the chicken stock, lemon juice, and white cooking wine into the baking dish, but not on top of the chicken. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Cook the rice, as directed.
- Prepare the fresh veggies or salad.
- Serve Baked Chicken Picatta with rice and fresh veggies or salad.