So I’m still sorta doing the pantry challenge…using up what I find…and everything in this meal came from the pantry/freezer minus the broccoli!
One of my dear friends moved to Alaska not long ago…and she left me with a few of her goodies from her pantry…including the Marsala cooking wine you see below!!! Not something I normally buy, but after this meal…I’d totally buy it! I finally remembered to look at the price at the store, so I’d know how much it would have cost…so here you go…
Baked Chicken Marsala
- 1.4 lb package boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp Italian seasonings
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper each
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup Marsala cooking wine
- 4 oz can of sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 large heads broccoli
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, Italian seasonings, salt and pepper. Coat each of the chicken breasts in the flour mixture. Place into baking dish.
- Drizzle the olive oil and marsala cooking wine over the coated chicken breasts.
- Top the chicken with the sliced mushrooms. Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes, or until chicken has cooked all the way through. Cooking times may vary depending on thickness of the chicken breast.
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Steam the broccoli in stove-top steamer or in a microwavable bowl with 1/4 cup of water, covered with plastic wrap, for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve Baked Chicken Marsala with Rice and Steamed Broccoli.