See that corn up there?!? The “summer price” of $.25/ear is here a bit early this year! I couldn’t help myself and snagged a few for this week. The boys L-O-V-E corn and I love watching them munch it off the corn. It’s sorta cute!
This *might* just become my new “go-to” meal. It’s way low maintenance…as long as you get it into the oven in time! It was delicious according to all 4 “table food eating” members of the family! Totally passed the “kid test!”
- 1 1/3 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup rice
- 4 ears corn
- Place the chicken breasts into an 8x8 inch glass baking dish. Pour the salsa over the top and then stir in the black beans, cumin and garlic powder. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle. Dice the chicken and mix it all up with the salsa and black beans.
- Prepare rice as directed on package.
- Remove husks and threads, then boil the ears of corn for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Serve Black Bean and Salsa Chicken on Rice with Corn Cobs.