Garden Fresh Pasta Dinner
Pasta plus veggies from the garden - simplest dinner ever!
Servings - 4 servings
- 12 oz. box bowtie pasta
- 3 tomatoes from the garden diced
- 3 basil leaves chopped
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- Marinate diced tomatoes and basil in EVOO and garlic. Add a splash of vinegar to the marinade if you like!
- Cook pasta as directed. Drain. Pour marinating tomatoes over pasta. Sprinkle cheese throughout. Let cheese melt. Serve warm or chilled.
- Saute zucchini in melted butter. Serve with pasta!
The Happy Housewife says
This sounds like a great dish to take to a potluck! Thanks for sharing!
Martha A. says
Yummy! That sounds so good! I was not able to grow basil this year.
Just think how nice it would have been if you grew the zucchini too!
i just posted on the Tapestries of the Heart blog on how to make your own Mozzarella cheese in case you are interested!
okay, that’s enough. can yyou please tell me what evoo is?!
$5 Dinner Mom says
Extra Virgen Olive Oil!!!
It’s Rachael Ray’s abbreviation!
This sounds wonderful!! 🙂 I can’t wait to try it. 🙂
Mary Ellen ~ Carolina Momma says
Found you through The Grocery Cart Challenge. What a great recipe – delicious and simple!
Is that teaspoons or tablespoons of the EVOO?
A capital “T” is tablespoon. Small “t” is teaspoon.
Hope that helps!