Asian Chicken Wraps with Steamed Snap Peas
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 25 minutes
- 4 burrito size flour tortillas ($.50)
- 3 chicken breasts ($2.21)
- Teriyaki Sauce or Marinade ($.50)
- 1-2 Tbsp tahini ($.05)
- 1/4 cup peanuts, finely chopped ($.25)
- 1/2 bag baby carrots ($.49)
- Handful romaine lettuce ($.10)
- 1 bag Snap peas ($.99) Manager’s Special Baby!
**Want a GF variety of this…replace the tortilla with a large piece of lettuce and make lettuce wraps (omit the “interior” lettuce if you so desire)!
- Combine teriyaki sauce/marinade with tahini.
- In skillet, add sauce mixture and chicken. Saute chicken about 5 minutes on each side until cooked through (Cooking times will vary depending on thickness of the chicken).
- Once chicken is cooked, slice it into strips.
- Shred carrots (I used baby carrots because that’s what I had… “an adult” carrot will work just fine too 🙂
- Rinse and pat dry the snap peas. Place them in a saucepan with about 1/2 inch of water. Bring water to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Season steamed snap peas with a pinch or two of salt.
- Assemble wrap by adding chicken, shredded carrots, lettuce, peanuts in the tortilla. Serve with side of steamed snap peas.
What’s YOUR favorite “Wrap”??? It seems like the possibilities are endless…I’d love to hear what your favorites are!!!