We’re making a homemade sauce with some ground chicken and the end result…
Perfectly flavored chicken with some crunchy apples and green onions…all pulled together into a large piece of lettuce.
This would be great in some Bibb lettuce, Romaine or iceberg…whichever you prefer! Enjoy! 🙂
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp soy sauce (use gluten free for GF meal)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 16 large lettuce leaves
- 1 apple, chopped
- Green onions, sliced for garnish
- Fresh veggies, as side dish
- In a large skillet, brown the ground chicken with garlic powder and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, minced garlic, ground ginger and crushed red pepper. Stir into the ground chicken over low heat and warm the sauce through.
- Mix together the cornstarch with equal parts water and swirl it into the sauce. Let simmer for 2 to 3 minutes to thicken.
- Chop the apples and slice the green onions. Assemble the lettuce wraps with the chicken mixture topped with chopped apples and sliced green onions.
- Prepare fresh veggies.
- Serve Apple Chicken Lettuce Wraps with fresh veggies.