I love simple food. I love food with both simple ingredients, simple flavors and a simple cooking method.
I also love to explore with food and mix and match ingredients that I have on hand…and this is how this one came to be. I had some apple butter in the pantry and decided it would be delicious on chicken…with a few smoky additions.
Bake this and serve it with some simple sides…like dinner rolls or some rice, and veggies or salad.
Simple, simple, simple.
(This would also be fantastic with pork chops!!!)
- 4 small boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Fresh veggies or salad, as side dish
- 1 cup brown rice, as side dish
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the apple butter, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder and ground cumin.
- Place the chicken breasts into a 9x13-inch baking dish and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Pour the apple butter mixture over the top, evenly coating the chicken breasts.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the rice, as directed.
- Prepare the fresh veggies or salad.
- Serve Apple Butter Glazed Chicken with rice and veggies or salad.