I love my slow cooker. I love coming up with new recipes to put in my slow cooker. I love the compliments I get for great dinners, but secretly I feel guilty because I know most of the tender goodness was done by the crock pot. That said, the Chicken Lettuce Wraps turned out fantastic. Half of the children dumped them out of the lettuce but still ate the meat with a fork so I consider it a win. This is a basic recipe made with what I had on hand. The peanuts I used were good, but I also think water chestnuts would make a great addition and add some crunch. If you aren’t able to shred the chicken after a few hours, go ahead & grind it up before hand. That will add extra time to the prep time, but you won’t need to worry about it until it’s finished! Also, chop up some veggies and throw them in. Try some peppers, mushrooms or sprouts, just go with your taste buds and experiment.
Angie’s Slow Cooker Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Yield – 8 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 6 hours
- 5 chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped fine
- 2/3 onion, chopped fine
- 1.5 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp all spice
- 4 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- a dash of worcestershire sauce
- 16 lettuce leafs
- Place the chicken in the crockpot
- Combine all other ingredients (except peanuts) in a bowl, mix well, then pour over chicken
- Cook on low for 5 hours, then using 2 forks, shred the chicken while still in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for another hour or so, add the peanuts and serve on lettuce.
Cost $8 for 8 servings