Making donuts is a family favorite for breakfast, dessert, and craft time! This is one activity that has all ages in the kitchen talking, laughing and shaking things up!
- 2 cans of biscuits
- Granulated sugar
- Vegetable oil
- Line up the biscuits assembly line style.
- Use a cap from a 20 oz. soda (or something similar) to make a hole in the center of the biscuits.
- Heat 3 inches of oil on medium/high.
- Place donuts and donut holes in the oil for about a minute on each side, until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and place on a paper towel to soak up the excess oil.
- Give each child a small bag with some sugar in it, add the warm donuts to the bags and let them shake, shake, shake until the donuts are coated!
2 cans of biscuits will make about 16 donuts and holes. The total cost is less than $1.50!
We usually do this activity before a movie night. Warm donuts and a family movie, now that is a great evening!