So I am just having the WORST luck with the veggies in the garden this year.Â I thought for sure (just like I did with the radishes and the yellow squash) that the zucchini would be in by now…but NO…it’s taking its sweet precious time getting going!Â And I just noticed yesterday that the “powdery mildew” is starting to form on some of the smaller leaves too. 🙁
But…it seems that I’m not the only one having trouble!Â I talked with a local farmer at our nearby farmer’s market on Thursday about the garden’s slow growth…and he said “this is just about the worst growing season I’ve seen in all my years.”
So it’s not just me!
The good news is…the farmer’s market has zucchini for as little as $.50 per zuke!Â And you might even find an amazing deal like this one too!
Last summer Amy compiled quite the list of zucchini recipes…if you are looking to try something new, I highly recommend checking her zucchini recipes list for some ideas!
And now for the pictorial…
Angel Hair with Julienned Zucchini
- 1 medium zucchini ($.50)
- Couple basil, oregano and thyme leaves (from the garden)
- 1 large or 2 smaller garlic cloves, crushed ($.10)
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil ($.10)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 lb. angel hair pasta ($.40) Bought on Manager's Special for $.49/box
- 2 cups grilled and diced chicken ($1.50)
- 1/2 cup grated or shredded parmesan cheese ($.50)...a great way to make this a one-dish dinner!