This Amish Cinnamon Bread is a no-knead “quick bread” that everyone will love!
Amish Cinnamon Bread is a sweet, quick bread that doesn’t require any kneading, and can be made with a few common ingredients you already have in your pantry! It makes for the perfect breakfast, snack or dessert.
What is Amish Cinnamon Bread?
Amish Cinnamon Bread is no-knead bread that is made with common pantry baking ingredients. In fact, you probably have all that you need in your pantry right now.
It is so fast and easy to make and the hardest part is waiting for it to cool down a bit before slicing to eat!
How Do You Make Amish Cinnamon Bread?
Amish Cinnamon Bread is simple and easy to make with common baking ingredients.
Mix up the batter, pour half into a loaf pan, then sprinkle in a cinnmon-sugar mixture, then repeat with another batter layer and cinnamon-sugar topping.
Note: for this recipe, I wanted a little extra “crunch” and “caramelization” with the cinnamon-sugar topping and filling. I used equal parts brown sugar and white sugar with the cinnamon. The brown sugar will help with the “thickening and adding some crunch” to the topping.
Photos: How to Make No-Knead Amish Cinnamon Bread
In a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar.
Blend in the vanilla and eggs. Then sprinkle in the baking soda and blend in.
Add half of the buttermilk and half of the flour. Blend until batter begins to form.
Repeat with the remaining buttermilk and flour. Blend until batter is smooth.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon.
See note above about using brown sugar.
Pour quarter of the batter into each greased loaf pan.
Sprinkle half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture over the batter. Shake the pan gently to flatten the batter, if needed.
Add the remaining batter and sprinkle the remaining cinnamon-sugar on top.
Bake and let cool before slicing.
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
Cinnamon: Filling and Topping
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease 2 - 9x5 inch loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer or bowl with hand mixer, cream the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Next sprinkle in the baking soda with half of the flour and half of the buttermilk. Blend until batter begins to form. Add the remaining flour and buttermilk and blend until batter forms.
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon mixture with the brown sugar, white sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle about 3-4 Tbsp of cinnamon sugar mixture onto the batter. Add the remaining batter and sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar on top. If you wish, swirl the cinnamon sugar with a knife.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean in the middle. Let cool on cooling rack for at least 10 minutes. Remove loaf and slice.
- Serve Amish Cinnamon Bread, as is, or slathered with butter. Enjoy!