Looking for a new and different twist on your favorite traditional pecan pie??? Tossing in some sliced almonds will give your pie a new flavor and texture!
Be on the lookout for sales on pecans, almonds and walnuts around the holidays…grab a few extra bags to carry you in to the new year!!!
This is a must. try. pie!
Almond Pecan Pie
- 1 cup all-purpose flour ($.20)
- teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening or butter ($.30)
- 2-4 Tablespoons COLD water
- 4 eggs ($.40)
- 1 cup brown sugar ($.20)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup ($.50)
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted ($.40)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla ($.10)(or use homemade vanilla extract!)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup pecans ($1)
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds ($.75)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- To prepare homemade pie crust, place flour in mixing bowl; add butter and cut in with pastry blender. Add salt and then add COLD water 1 Tablespoon at a time. Mix and toss ingredients together with a fork until dough ball forms. Place in plastic wrap or Ziploc baggie and put into the refrigerator while you make the filling.