This was the perfect meal to come home to after an afternoon adventure/walk to the park! It was just cold enough outside to be chilly, but not so cold that we didn’t enjoy ourselves! Arriving home to this soup was lovely!
Warmed our tummies right up!
Here is the “doubled” version of the recipe! The total cost is not under $5…but since it is two meals worth…we divide by 2 and the overall cost is well below $5 per meal. The other half is going into the freezer!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1.7 lb. stew beef
- 10 cups water
- 4 large whole carrots peeled and diced
- 4 stalks celery diced
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 2 cups frozen Italian style green beans
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 5 oz. bottle A1 steak sauce
- 2 cups brown rice
- Garlic toast side dish
- In large pot, heat the oil. Add the stew meat and sear/brown on all sides to seal in the juices. Once the meat has browned, add 10 cups of water.
- Add the diced carrots, celery and onions. Stir in the green beans, diced tomatoes, vinegar and steak sauce. Finally, add the brown rice.
- Bring to boiling and then reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour, or until brown rice is tender.
- Serve A-1 Beef Stew with side of garlic toast.