I know how busy and intense the transition from lazy summer days at the pool to adjusting back to the 6:30 am wake up calls can be…so I thought I’d help out by sharing a different lunchbox idea each day this month.
What’s In Day 2′s Lunchbox?!
- Ham & Cheese Kebabs
- Carrot ‘chips’ (you can buy these or save some money and make your own with a crinkle cutter tool)
- Potato Chips
Disclaimer: These ideas are just a small part of the total food eaten throughout the day. Some have smaller amounts of protein and/or green veggies than others, but you can balance that out with serving more protein or green veggies at other meals/snacks. Feel free to adjust these ideas to fit your family’s needs.
Erin’s Favorite Lunchbox Packing Tools
When it comes to packing lunch boxes for the 3 older dudes, I need sturdy that will last ALL year and into the next! Which is why I recommend the following…
- Lunchbox Love Notes for your kids
- Easy Lunchboxes System & Easy Lunchboxes, Little Dippers
- Thermos 2 pack, 10 oz. containers
- Rubbermaid Blox
- Laptop Lunches Bento-ware Bento Lunch Box
- Bentgo All-in-One Stackable Lunch/Bento Box
- Lunch boxes – LLBean & Lands End
Free Lunchbox Printables
- Complete School Lunchbox Ideas List (perfect for your fridge!)
- Weekly Lunchbox Planner (perfect for your household binder and/or fridge!).
Pin all of the Lunchbox ideas to share and save for later!
Happy lunch packing y’all!!!
Please share how you make carrot ‘chips’ ..
Jenn K says
Great question, Christy! We updated the post above!
Christy, I think they are just raw carrots. You can purchase them (at a higher price) already “crinkle” cut or you can pick up a crinkle cutter for around $5.00 and do a bag of whole carrots for a lot cheaper! And then you can use the crinkle cutter on radishes, potatoes, celery, apples-all sorts of food to liven up the lunch bag! 😀
Erin, Is there a certain brand of Ham that comes in little chunks as shown? Or are you cutting chunks from a whole Ham yourself?
Where did you find the skewers for the Ham and Cheese Kebabs? I could only find the big ones.