Three Easy Ways to Cook Brown Rice!
Ditch the boil-in-a-bag brown rice & make it one of these 3 easy ways instead!
New cooking videos are released weekly, so please Like this Video & Subscribe to the $5 Dinners Channel!
Video: How to Cook Brown Rice
Featured Products from the Erin Chase Store
Recipes: How to Cook Brown Rice
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 3 3/8 cups warm water
- 2 Tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Add the brown rice to the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Add the water, and then spread the rice into the water so it's covered completely.
- Wrap the baking dish tightly with foil. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Once cooked, add butter, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Serve brown rice, as side dish.
- 1 cup brown rice, rinsed well
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp minced onion
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Rinse the brown rice in warm water in colander.
- Add the wet brown rice, water, and seasonings into the EPC insert.
- Set to Sealing. Manual, High, Adjust to 18 minutes.
- Release: 10-minute Natural Release, then open to Venting.
- Serve Barely Seasoned Brown Rice as side dish.
- 1 heavy Dutch oven or stock pot
- 5 cups water or chicken broth
- pinch salt
- 2 cups brown rice
- In a large Dutch oven or heavy stockpot, bring the water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt.
- Once the water is bubbling, stir in the brown rice, reduce heat to medium and let cook for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the stovetop, then fluff the brown rice and serve.
- If desired, stir in butter or other seasonings to taste.