That’s my jam when it comes to meals for my family. And this 10-minute lasagna prep fits perfectly into our busy life.
I do love a good lasagna and there are some days (usually weekend days!) that I can boil the noodles and let the sauce simmer, simmer, simmer to deepen the flavor and thicken up. But other days, it’s this.
It takes 10 minutes to prep for the freezer. (A little longer if you want the sauce to simmer, simmer, simmer.) The no-boil noodles make this uber-quick to get ready to bake.
Also, please take note of the marinara and the tomato paste. The tomato paste is there to thicken up the marinara. You don’t want a runny lasagna, and most store-bought marinaras are fairly thin. So use the tomato paste to thicken and/or get one of the “chunky” marinaras, as those tend to be thicker. Either way, thicken up the sauce with the tomato paste, brand of marinara or letting it simmer a bit longer!
While the sauce is simmering, then you can mix up the ricotta combo and prepare to layer it all together.
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 minutes
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 26 oz. jar chunky marinara sauce
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 12 no-bake lasagna noodles
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Side: salad
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with the minced onion and garlic powder. Once browned, drain and then stir in the marinara sauce and tomato paste, and let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, egg and Parmesan cheese with half of the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- To the baking dish, layer the lasagna noodles, ground beef and tomato mixture, and ricotta cheese mixture. Make 2 layers, then top with lasagna noodles and the remaining shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until sauce is bubbling around the sides of the dish.
- Prepare the salad.
- Serve 10-Minute Lasagna with salad.