When I think of a Cobb Salad, I think salad on steroids. A salad with not enough greens and too many kinds of meat. Maybe that’s because I generally get a Cobb salad when I’m traveling or out for dinner…but I can never finish them…they are just too much.
So I’ve lightened things up a bit from a ‘traditional’ Cobb salad with this one.
It’s got 5 toppings…all ‘winter flavors,’ in my humble opinion.
- Celery, hard boiled egg, crispy bacon, sliced apples (or pears!) and walnuts.
Homemade or balsamic vinaigrette with some Romaine lettuce makes for the perfect salad!
Also, this baby is Paleo and Whole3o compliant too. For those following the low-carb lifestyle!
Winter Cobb Salad
Yield – 2 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
- Head of romaine lettuce or bunch of spring mix lettuce
- 2 apples or pears, cored and sliced
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled (Try cooking bacon in the oven.)
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup celery
- Optional: crumbled blue or gorgonzola cheese
- Vinaigrette dressing – homemade or store-bought
- Cook the bacon and boil the eggs.
- Wash and tear the lettuce, if necessary.
- Add all the toppings to the salad and drizzles with vinaigrette.
- Serve Winter Cobb Salad.