*Use Gluten-Free Pasta noodles and spaghetti sauce, if eating a gluten-free diet.
Classic Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
Yield – 4-6 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
- 1 lb. Pasta noodles
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- Optional – minced garlic, minced onion,
- 3-4 cups spaghetti sauce, or 26 oz. jar worth
- Side dish ideas – frozen veggies, fresh veggies, dinner rolls
- Boil water, add pasta, cook 10-12 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, brown the ground beef. Add any additional spices or minced garlic or minced onion. Drain well.
- Add spaghetti sauce to ground beef and let simmer so flavors mingle.
- Prepare side dishes.
- Serve Spaghetti with sides.
Freeze & Thaw Instructions: To freeze, add the browned ground beef and spaghetti sauce to a labeled plastic freezer baggie or container. Put in
the freezer, laying flat on a plate or baking sheet (so it doesn’t stick to the grates or floor of the freezer). Freeze up to 6 months in fridge freezer or 12 months in a deep freezer. Thaw in a warm bowl of water for about 20 minutes, before transferring to a saucepan to cook.