This is a tasty dish that tastes so fresh even after being frozen! If you wish to freeze, make the marinade and add raw chicken. Freeze in freezer bag. Completely thaw when you are ready to make this wonderful dish!
Dana’s Citrus Teriyaki Chicken
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
- 4- 4oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2c low sodium soy sauce
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/2c sugar or honey
- 1/2c wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- dash red pepper flakes
- In a medium bowl, whisk all ingredients (except chicken) together.
- Add chicken to marinade and cover.
- Refrigerate for several hours to allow chicken to marinate.
- Separate chicken from marinade. Grill or saute chicken over med-high heat for ~10 min on each side until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, boil marinade for 5 minutes in separate saucepan.
- Serve chicken over rice with sauce poured on top. Serve with your family’s favorite stir fried vegetables.