Seriously. It works.
You’re just going to have to trust me on this one.
(The cinnamon and cider flavors are a subtle and delicious addition to this stew.)
Beef Stew with Cider and Cinnamon
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil ($.10)
- About 1 lb. beef stew meat ($2.39)
- 1 small red onion, chopped ($.30)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed ($.10)
- 1 Tbsp steak seasoning (free)
- 2 cups homemade or store bought beef broth (free to $1)
- 1-2 cups water, depending on how long you plan to let it simmer
- 2 cups apple cider or apple juice ($.25)
- 1 bag frozen mixed veggies ($.88)
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed ($.60)
- Couple dashes of cinnamon and ginger, each ($.10)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To a large saucepan or Dutch oven, add the olive oil and turn onto high heat. Add the stew meat and brown on all sides. Add the red onion and garlic cloves as the beef is browning. Once browned, add the steak seasoning, beef broth, water and apple cider/juice. Stir and then add the mixed veggies (can be added frozen), and the cubed potatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 45 minutes. Add a couple of dashes of cinnamon and ginger, as well as some salt and pepper to taste. (Cover if too much water boils off, or add water/cider/juice if necessary.)
- That’s it. A one dish meal. Or you could serve with side salad or bread.
- Serve Beef Stew with Cider and Cinnamon.
Have you pre-ordered your copy yet?!