Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 8-10 hours on low in slow cooker
- 1 1.6 lb Beef Roast ($2.67) Manager’s Special Price. I will use the other half of the roast for our meal on Thursday night.
- 1/2 bag of baby carrots ($.60)
- 1 onion, diced ($.40)
- 4-5 garlic cloves, crushed ($.05) I bought a few bunches for $.10 at the store closing sale.
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Garlic Powder ($.02)
- 1 cup rice, uncooked rice ($.20)
- 1 lb Asparagus ($.99)
- Place beef roast in crockpot with 1-2 cups of water. (I add water so that I have a diluted stock after the roast has cooked. I strain it and freeze it for use in soups.) Add diced onions, crushed garlic cloves and baby carrots around the roast. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. When finished, slice to serve.
- Bring 2.5 cups of water to boil. Add 1 cup of rice. Return to boil. Reduce heat and cover. Cook for 20 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
- Saute asparagus in extra virgin olive oil for 4-5 minutes, until turns brighter green.
- Serve sliced beef roast with carrots with a side of rice and sauteed asparagus.