(Turns out, it’s SUPER RIDICULOUSLY HARD to photograph ice cream on smoking hot banana slices!)
That’s right y’all…bananas grilled, then split-ified and topp-ified. Well, technically they are split then grilled…but I thought Split Grilled Bananas wouldn’t sit right. So we have Grilled Banana Splits.
Here’s how it works.
- Split the banana down the middle, lengthwise so that the open banana has flat sides.
- Dip the bananas onto a plate of sugar.
- Place on the grill, in their peels, for a few minutes.
- Carefully transfer to bowl, top with ice cream and whatever toppings you like.
- Race to eat it all before the ice cream melts!
We had a blast gobbling up these grilled banana splits! These are the perfect dessert for when you’ve got the grill going this summer!!!
Grilled Banana Splits
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 5 minutes
- 4 bananas
- About 3 Tbsp sugar
- 4-8 scoops of ice cream
- Toppings – whatever your favorites are!
- Split the banana lengthwise, making flat pieces of the banana.
- Spread the sugar out of a small plate and dip the banana side into the sugar, it should stick to the banana.
- Grill the split bananas in their peels with the sugar side down for 3-4 minutes. Remove and top with ice cream and toppings.
- Enjoy eating the grilled banana split on a warm summer night!