So intrigued that I made in the next week.
I could not believe it. I still can’t believe it.
It’s a dairy-free pudding. (I can’t remember the last time I had pudding.)
This chocomole is made from avocados. Yes, my dearly beloved avocados.
I have started making this again to help fatten up Tyler. When I make it…they all ask for more. And more. And more.
And we end up licking the blender clean!
Tricks to Make Chocomole for Less
- Buy both ripe and hard avocados when they are on sale. Use the ripe avocados right away, and let the hard ones ripen and use the following week
- Be on the lookout for coupons for A Taste of Thai…the coconut milk brand that tends to be cheapest
- Use Swagbucks credit to get maple syrup, agave or honey for free from Amazon
- Use coupons for the pistachios…I’ve seen them on Kroger.com digital coupons , and have printed them from the internet, and seen them in the newspaper.
This is the first of a few “Food Allergies on a Budget ” recipe ideas that I’ll be sharing as part of the series ! The recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free and tree nut-free if you omit the pistachios.
Dairy-Free Chocolate Pudding with Pistachios
Adapted from Jason Mraz’ version 
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 6 Tbsp sweetener – agave, honey, maple syrup
- 4 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Crushed pistachios, for topping
- Place all ingredients in the blender or food processor except the pistachios. (Although you could add those in if you’d like.)
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve with crushed pistachios on top.