So grateful for a stocked freezer when coming home from a trip. I grabbed some ground meat, cooked black and pinto beans, and set to work in the kitchen. After thawing it all, I browned the ground meat, then added the beans and some BBQ sauce.
So. So. Simple.
I also had some drop biscuits  in the freezer…so I thawed those and poured the cowboy beans over top. Served with a side of frozen corn…a delicious, well balanced manly meal from the freezer.
And the added bonus…plenty of leftovers for lunch!
BBQ Cowboy Beans with Biscuits
Yield – 6 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 25 minutes
- 1.3 lb ground beef ($1.93)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed ($.10)
- 2 cups cooked black beans  ($.40) Substitute 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans  ($.40) Substitute 1 15 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup BBQ sauce ($.75)
- 1 15 oz can petite diced tomatoes, drained ($.29)
- Drop biscuits  ($.75)
- 1/2 bag frozen corn ($.44)
- Brown the ground beef with the crushed garlic cloves. Drain and return to skillet. Add the black and pinto beans, as well as the BBQ sauce, diced tomatoes…and stir through. Let simmer over low heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Make drop biscuits .
- Prepare the corn as directed on package.
- Serve BBQ Cowboy Beans over Drop Biscuits with Corn.