- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Balsamic & Brown Sugar Pork Chops – $5 Dinner Challenge
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On March 12, 2012 @ 6:00 pm In $5 Dinner Challenge,Dairy Free,GFCFSF,Gluten Free,Pork,Recipes | 20 Comments
I’ve been dying to try it. I’m a huge balsamic fan and was intrigued by the pork, brown sugar, balsamic flavor combination.
I recently bought a boneless pork loin when it was on sale for $1.99/lb and decided to cut it up to use for 3 different meals. I sliced off a piece large enough for a roast, then sliced the rest into enough pork chops for 2 more meals. One of those meals was this one.
My “never pay more than price” for pork loin is $1.99/lb. so when I see it at that price, I take advantage of the savings and the fact that I can get 3 meals from 1 large cut of pork.
We devoured these. Devoured. They had the perfect combination of tang and sweet. Could very well be our family’s new favorite pork chop recipe!
I give you the next of many more to come…”House on the Market Bakes!”
(In an attempt to keep the stovetop clean, I’ll be baking more in the oven while our home is on the market!)
Balsamic & Brown Sugar Pork Chops
Adapted from Slow Cooker Brown Sugar and Balsamic Pork Roast 
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 minutes marinating, 30-40 minutes in oven
- 4 pork chops, about 1 1/4 lb. ($2.48)
- Salt and pepper
- 2-3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar ($.20)
- 4 tsp brown sugar ($.02)
- Favorite potatoes, we had a dairy-free version of mashed red potatoes  ($1.50)
- Favorite side of veggies ($1)
- Place the pork chops in the bottom of a glass baking dish. Sprinkle some salt and pepper onto both sides of the pork chops. Then drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the top. Add 1 tsp of brown sugar on top of each pork chop and spread into the vinegar. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bake the pork chops for 30-40 minutes, or until cooked through. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the chop.
- Prepare potatoes (or bread), and veggies.
- Serve Balsamic & Brown Sugar Pork Chops with potatoes/bread or veggies.
Have a Frugal and Healthy Recipe to share?
Post the recipe on your blog and then add the link below. Other guidelines can be found here . To make it easy for other readers to find your recipe, please leave the link that leads directly to your recipe post. Any links that lead to your homepage will be deleted. If you don’t have a blog, feel free to leave your recipe in the comments section!
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/balsamic-brown-sugar-pork-chops-5-dinner-challenge/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
 Slow Cooker Brown Sugar and Balsamic Pork Roast: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2012/02/slow-cooker-brown-sugar-and-balsamic-glazed-pork-loin-c-c-marriage-factory.html
 Slow Cooker week: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2012/02/its-slow-cooker-week.html
 Balsamic Chicken with Caramelized Onions: http://www.5dollardinners.com../2009/10/balsamic-chicken-with-caramelized-onions.html
 Chicken Wraps with Balsam-melized Red Onions: http://www.5dollardinners.com../2010/09/balsamic-chicken-wraps.html
 Slow Cooker Beef Roast with Balsamic Onions: http://www.5dollardinners.com../2010/01/slow-cooker-beef-roast-with-balsamic-onions.html
 mashed red potatoes: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2009/05/round-steak-and-mashed-potatoes.html
 here: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2007/01/5-dinner-challenge.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.