- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Alea’s Fast and Easy Hasselback Potatoes
Posted By Alea On January 29, 2013 @ 5:00 pm In Gluten Free,Potatoes,Recipes,Side Dish | 9 Comments
My family loves Hasselback potatoes. They are soooo delicious, but they are also a little tedious to make. Last fall, I decided to come up with a fast and easy method, so I could make them more frequently…and then promptly forgot about my resolution.
My idea was finally put into place on Christmas day. My oven was so full of other items that I didn’t have room to make Hasselback potatoes. I put the potatoes in the microwave and baked them. They were almost done baking in the microwave when the oven was finally freed up. I pulled the potatoes out of the microwave, quickly cut them, drizzled butter with olive oil, garlic and onion over the cut potatoes and placed them in the oven. And in the process created the fastest Hasselback potatoes ever.
My “Aha!” Moment: Partially cooked potatoes are much easier to cut than uncooked potatoes. This method, not only reduces the cooking time, it reduces prep time, by enabling you to cut the potatoes in a fraction of the time it takes to make traditional Hasselback potatoes.
Fast and Easy Hasselback Potatoes
Adapted from Hasselback Red Potatoes 
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 2 minutes
Cooking Time – 18 – 30 minutes
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1/4 cup green onions, diced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Scrub potatoes and prick them with a fork
- Place in the microwave and cook on high until just fork tender, approximately 8 – 15 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes and your microwave.
- While the potatoes are in the microwave, melt the butter. Add oil, garlic, onion, and pepper to the butter and stir well.
- Remove potatoes from microwave and thinly slice.
- Place potatoes in a baking dish and drizzle the butter mixture over potatoes.
- Place in the oven and bake at 450 degrees for 10 – 15 minutes or until tops are browned and potatoes are very tender.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
What is your favorite way to eat potatoes?
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/aleas-fast-and-easy-hasselback-potatoes/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 Hasselback Red Potatoes: http://premeditatedleftovers.com/hasselback-red-potatoes-6/
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.