Skillet Chicken Marsala
Flavor explosion! Super easy to make when you use leftover chicken!
Servings: 4 servings
- 16 oz small shell pasta
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp minced dried onion
- 2-3 cups chicken stock (depending on how thick you want the sauce)
- 1/2 cup marsala cooking wine
- 8 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped - optional garnish
- Fresh veggies, as side dish
Cook the pasta as directed.
In a large skillet, melt the butter and whisk in the flour and then the garlic powder and minced onion. Stream in the chicken stock and marsala cooking wine and whisk quickly to prevent clumping of the liquid with the flour.
Add the sliced mushrooms and simmer for a few minutes until they reduce down in size. Then stir in the cooked, rotisserie chicken. Add chopped parsley as garnish, if you like.
Prepare fresh veggies.
Serve Skillet Chicken Marsala with fresh veggies.