Freezer Friendly Stovetop Ratatouille
This Freezer Friendly Stovetop Ratatouille is the perfect combination of vegetables and comfort! Freezer assembly makes it a great weeknight dinner!
Prep Time35 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic cloves crushed
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 2 small zucchini sliced into 1/4 inch half moons
- 1 eggplant cubed
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes with their juices
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3 stalks fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mozzarella cheese shreds, optional garnish
- Loaf bread (or rice if GF)
*Add the cubed eggplant to a colander and sprinkle with about 2 tsp salt. Let sit for about 25-30 minutes. Rinse well before using in this recipe.
Add the olive oil to large sauce pan and saute the onion and garlic for 3-5 minutes. Add the bell peppers, zucchini, eggplant, diced tomatoes, basil, oregano and thyme leaves. Cook over medium heat for 25 minutes, stirring often. Vegetables will soften and form until a delicious ratatouille. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve Stovetop Ratatouille with optional mozzarella cheese garnish, and loaf bread (or rice if GF).
To Freeze: Don't overcook the vegetables. Let cool completely in the refrigerator before freezing in meal-size portions in plastic baggies or containers.
To Thaw: Add to the refrigerator and thaw overnight.
To Reheat: Add to sauce and and simmer on low for 10-15 minutes, or until heated through.