- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Walnut French Toast
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On February 10, 2010 @ 6:00 pm In Breakfast,Eggs,Recipes | 21 Comments
I started to make this meal in the 9×13 baking dish, but them switched to the smaller baking dish because I didn’t want there to be any leftovers…and I know that with a 9×13, we’d have lots of leftovers. And from my past experience, baked french toast meals and egg casserole meals just taste better right out of the oven.
And not leftover.
So I went with the smaller 8×8 baking dish and heavy on the fruit!
6 eggs ($.60)
1/2 cup milk ($.05)
1/4 cup maple syrup (free with Swagbucks  from Amazon)
6-8 slices of bread ($.50)
1 cup chopped walnuts, divided ($.50) Bought on sale over the holidays!
Butter and syrup ($.75)
Fresh Fruit ($1.50) We had cantaloupe and clementine oranges
1. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and maple syrup.
2. Place a single layer of bread slices in the base of the baking dish. Top with about 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts.
3. Pour about 1/2 of the egg mixture over the bottom layer.
4. Pour enough to cover the bottom layer.
5. If necessary, move the bread slices around so that they are completely covered with eggs.
6. Place another layer of bread and the other 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts on top of the first layer of bread and eggs.
7. Pour remaining egg mixture over the top layer.
8. Cover the top layer with the eggs, just as you did the bottom layer.
9. Again, press the bread slices around so that they are covered with the egg mixture.
10. Refrigerate at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
11. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes, or until begins to golden on top. Prepare fresh fruit while it’s baking.
12. Serve baked Walnut French Toast with Fresh Fruit.
P.S. This easily doubles into a 9×13 glass pan.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/walnut-french-toast/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
 Swagbucks: http://www.5dollardinners.com/onlineoffers/swagbucks
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.