- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On August 18, 2009 @ 5:15 pm In Beef,Garden,Gluten Free,Pasta,Recipes | 18 Comments
This meal is “Dad Approved” and “Kid Approved!” The Hubs had a taste as he made his way through the kitchen after getting home…and he declared this Taco Pasta as “Dad Approved!”
1.8 lb. ground beef ($2.14) Divided into 2 meals…$1.07 for this meal!
1 6 oz. can tomato paste ($.39) Bought last week on sale with coupon
1 15 oz. can kidney beans ($.83)
2 garlic cloves ($.10)
1 Tbsp ground cumin ($.10)
1 tsp onion powder ($.05)
1 tsp chili powder ($.05)
Salt and Pepper
1 hot pepper(from the garden)
2 cups uncooked rotini pasta ($.50) Used half the box from last week’s $1/box deal!
1-2 cups shredded cheese ($.75)
4 corn cobs ($.76) On sale this week $.19 each
1. In large skillet, brown ground beef. Drain and return to skillet.
2. Add tomato paste plus 2 cans worth of water to the ground beef. Stir until paste becomes tomato-y sauce. Add drained and rinsed beans. Add crushed garlic, ground cumin, onion powder, chili powder and salt/pepper. Add finely chopped hot pepper for some extra kick! Stir through and let simmer for 4-5 minutes.
3. Add 2 cups uncooked pasta with 2 cups of water to the meat mixture. Cover and cook over medium high heat for 10-12 minutes, or until pasta has cooked through. Stir a few times while pasta is cooking. (Use rice pasta if gluten free!)
4. Once the pasta has cooked through, top with 1-2 cups shredded cheese and reduce heat to low and cover to let cheese melt. (Omit if dairy free!)
5. Boil corn in large saucepan for 4-5 minutes, or microwave in microwavable dish covered with plastic wrap for 2-2.5 minutes per ear.
6. Serve Taco Pasta with Corn on the Cob!
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/taco-pasta/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.