- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Scampi Tilapia – $5 Dinner Challenge
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On August 2, 2010 @ 5:40 pm In Fish,Gluten Free,Recipes,rice | 22 Comments
I dug some tilapia fillets out of the freezer. I bounced out to the garden to pick some fresh parsley from the garden, thinking I was going to do the same old Lemon-Dill Tilapia thing (that’s my fall back for when I’m feeling uninspired)…but of course, I opened the fridge to grab the lemon juice…and the garlic bulb practically jumped off the shelf!
Parsley, lemon juice, garlic…Scampi, of course!
Snatched the butter (dairy-free margarine, really) and off I went to make a little something to pour atop the tilapia fillets.
Ended up being fairly simple. And oh my heavens, tasty too!
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 15-20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice ($.60)
- 12 oz. bag frozen tilapia fillets ($2.99)
- 1/4 cup butter/margarine ($.25)
- 3 large garlic cloves ($.15)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice ($.05)
- Fresh parsley from the garden
- Salt and pepper
- 12 oz. bag of peas ($.88)
- Cook the brown rice as directed on package.
- Put the tilapia fillets into a greased, glass baking dish.
- Melt the butter/margarine.
- Crush the garlic and add to the melted butter with the lemon juice and chopped parsley.
- Pour over the fillets. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, or until fish is white and flaky in the middle. (Be warned…your house will smell uh-mazing while the scampi tilapia is baking!)
- Cook the peas as directed on package.
- Serve Scampi Tilapia Fillets with Brown Rice and Peas.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/scampi-tilapia/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.