- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Ranch Chicken Dippers
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On March 27, 2013 @ 5:00 pm In chicken,Recipes | No Comments
Kids love chicken nuggets. (Most kids anyways.) I really don’t know or understand the appeal of chicken nuggets, but I’m sure I loved them as a kid (mom?) and my kids love them too. We don’t eat them at home often…when we do, they are homemade. These ranch flavored chicken nuggets, dipped in marinara sauce were a big hit!
I decided to serve these with marinara sauce because, well, we go through a lot of ketchup when we eat other chicken and beef meals. Just wanted to see what happened when I “rocked the ketchup boat” at the dinner table. Good news…the kids didn’t miss a beat and made no comments about the marinara. While I had visions of “ketchup withdrawals,” I’m grateful that my kiddos aren’t solely dependent on ketchup…for all chicken.
Happy dipping y’all!
Ranch Chicken Dippers
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 20-25 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 1 oz. packet Original Hidden Valley mix for dipping
- Marinara sauce for dipping
- Side dishes(we had broccoli and sauteed red potatoes)
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a cookie sheet with non-stick spray, or line a cookie sheet with non-stick baking mat .
- Whisk the 2 eggs in a small bowl. Mix together the bread crumbs and ranch mix in another bowl.
- Dip each chicken piece into the egg, then coat in the ranch-bread crumb mixture. Place on the cookie sheet, and repeat until all chicken pieces are coated.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until all chicken pieces are cooked through and have turned slightly golden. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving.
- Serve Ranch Chicken Dippers with marinara sauce and other side dishes.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/ranch-chicken-dippers/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 non-stick baking mat: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00008T960?tag=5din-20
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.