- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Radish and Cucumber Bites – Grow. Eat. $ave.
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On June 15, 2011 @ 6:00 pm In Grow. Eat. Save.,Healthy Snacks,Recipes | 4 Comments
I think it’s become my duty to help you all see that radishes are for more than just salads and salad mixes. Up until last summer I too had only had radishes on or mixed into salad. I had never really noticed them, but I’m so glad that I’ve discovered that there is much more to radishes than just salads.
Last year for Grow. Eat. $ave., I made a braised chicken with spring vegetables …and I pan roasted some radishes in butter too. Boy, oh boy…delish-ious-ness.
For this year’s GES post, I thought an appetizer were in order…perfect for any summer luncheon or potluck. And boy, oh boy…more delish-ious-ness!
Radish and Cucumber Bites
Yield – 12-16 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 0 minutes
- Crackers, or thinly sliced bread
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 bunch radishes, stem and top removed and sliced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper, each
- Dried or fresh dill for garnish
- Place the crackers/bread out on a serving tray.
- Place the sliced cucumber, then radish onto each cracker.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir the sour cream with the seasonings.
- Drop a dollop of the sour cream onto each of the radish and cucumber bites.
- Sprinkle each with a little dill garnish.
- Serve Radish and Cucumber Bites.
What about you? What has been your experience with radishes? How do you like them? Link up a recipe or leave a link in the comments!
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/radish-and-cucumber-bites/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 braised chicken with spring vegetables: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2010/06/grow-eat-save-radishes.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.