- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Lemon Pepper Quinoa with Chicken – Friday Night Bite
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On December 2, 2011 @ 5:00 pm In chicken,Dairy Free,Gluten Free,Quinoa,Recipes | 2 Comments
Our family loves quinoa. Including Tyler (who once tried to lick his bowl clean…the pictures don’t lie !)
I made this a few weeks ago, during one of those warm spells we had in early November. I was going to just serve a “3-part” meal with some grilled lemon chicken, a side of quinoa and broccoli. I was cutting up chicken pieces for little mouths, it occurred to me that I should take the lemon pepper flavors from the chicken and “expand,” if you will. As the quinoa was cooking, I tossed in some of the lemon pepper seasoning, then tossed the chicken pieces with the lemon pepper quinoa.
The result…a super simple and succulent supper.
(To marinate the chicken, let it sit in a shallow dish in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes with lemon pepper seasoning, few drizzles of olive oil and a splash or two of white vinegar. You can also marinate in plastic baggies, and in the freezer too. )
(You can find other quinoa recipes from $5 Dinners  and a few on One Dish Dinners. And if you have another one (that’s not listed) that your family loves, I’d love to try it out and feature it here. Leave a link in the comments or email with your favorite quinoa recipe!)
(Learn more about quinoa and where to buy it !)
Have a fabulous weekend friends!
Lemon Pepper Quinoa with Chicken
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes quinoa, 20 minutes grilling the chicken (I suggest using batch grilled chicken  to save on time!)
- 2 large lemon pepper-marinated chicken breasts, grilled and diced ($2.50)
- 1 1/2 cup white quinoa ($1.25)
- 2 cups chicken stock (I used homemade chicken stock  from the freezer)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning ($.10)
- 2 large broccoli heads, steamed and cut into florets ($.80)
- In a medium saucepan, bring the 2 cups of chicken stock plus 1 cup of water to a boil, then add the quinoa and the lemon pepper seasoning. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the little rings have separated and the quinoa is tender.
- Cut up the grilled chicken into bite size pieces, then toss with the lemon pepper quinoa.
- Steam and cut the broccoli. Or use some from the freezer. Serve on the side, or mix it all together…lemon and broccoli go really well together too!
- Serve Lemon Pepper Quinoa with Chicken and side of broccoli.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/lemon-pepper-quinoa-with-chicken-friday-night-bite/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 the pictures don’t lie: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2011/04/curried-quinoa-chicken-peas-onedishdinnerscom.html
 marinate in plastic baggies, and in the freezer too.: http://www.onedishdinners.com/2011/05/marinating-batch-cooking-meats.html
 quinoa recipes from $5 Dinners: http://www.5dollardinners.com/recipes#quinoa
 email : http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact
 quinoa and where to buy it: http://www.onedishdinners.com/2011/02/spicy-quinoa-recipe.html
 batch grilled chicken: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2010/06/batch-grilling-chicken-breasts.html
 homemade chicken stock: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2009/08/how-to-cook-a-whole-chicken.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.