- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Italian Pork Chops
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On September 9, 2009 @ 7:17 pm In Dairy Free,Gluten Free,Pork,Recipes | 6 Comments
Pork chops smothered and baked with seasoned diced tomatoes, served with brown rice and corn cobs. I wasn’t sure how I’d like the tomatoes with the pork chops…I think of tomatoes working better with chicken and beef dishes. I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious this was…
Best sale price for pork chops that I’ve seen recently…$1.49/lb. I try to pay less than $1.99/lb!
Italian Pork Chops
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 35-45 minutes
- 1 cup brown rice ($.40)
- 4 pork chops (about 1.2 lbs.) ($2.38)
- 1 15 oz. can of diced tomatoes ($.59)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning ($.05)
- Salt and pepper, few dashes each
- 4 corn cobs ($1.33) NOT on sale this week
- Butter for corn ($.25) Use dairy-free margarine if necessary!
- In medium saucepan, cook brown rice according to package directions. Brown rice takes 40-50 minutes to cook!
- Place pork chops in glass baking dish (I used an 8 x 8-inch baking dish and the 4 pork chops fit perfectly.).
- In small bowl, mix together diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Pour over the pork chops.
- Bake pork chops at 350 for 35-45 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Boil corn in saucepan for 4-5 minutes, or microwave in microwavable dish with 1/2 cup of water, covered in plastic wrap, for 7-9 minutes. Serve hot with butter.
- Serve Italian Pork Chops with Brown Rice and Corn Cobs.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/italian-pork-chops/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.