- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Homemade Granola (Sugar Free!)
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On September 12, 2011 @ 12:00 pm In After School Snacks,Healthy Snacks,Homemade,Recipes | 16 Comments
Some people like their granola extra, extra, extra sweet.
I am not one of those people. I much prefer adding some fresh fruit to a not-so-sweet granola…for a perfectly healthy and balanced (and filling) breakfast!
Or afternoon snack.
Charlie devoured his bowl of granola topped with strawberries. Even asked for a second bowl.
And asked for it again the next afternoon…before we got back into the house from the bus stop!
Float it in some milk.
Sprinkle it on top of yogurt. Or make a parfait.
Or top with some fresh fruit.
Whatever. floats. your. granola. boat!
(And I’ll be sharing another yummy granola recipe later in the week!)
Homemade Granola (sugar free!)
Yield – 8 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 25-30 minutes
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 3 cups traditional oats
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 300. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat. 
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the 2 kinds of oats with the cinnamon. Stir in the maple syrup, applesauce and melted butter. Mix well.
- Spread the granola onto the lined baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Check the granola after 20 minutes and turn around the edges of they become too dark. (They shouldn’t when cooking on the parchment or silicone mat.)
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container, or in a plastic freezer baggie in the freezer.
- Enjoy homemade granola with milk and fresh fruit, yogurt and berries, or mixed into a pantry trail mix .
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/homemade-granola-sugar-free/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 silicone mat.: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2011/03/silpat-silicone-baking-mat-kitchen-trick.html
 pantry trail mix: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2010/01/pantry-trail-mix.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.