- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Heat ‘N Sweet Chili
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On February 11, 2011 @ 5:39 pm In Beans,Beef,Gluten Free,Pantry Staples,Recipes,Soup | 6 Comments
Ever since I scored that fabulous deal all those cans of tomatoes and diced tomatoes with green chilies , I can’t seem to stop making chili! After making the Spicy Southern Chili , I thought another chili with some kick was in order…but this time with a little sweetness added in as well.
Sweetness…in the form of maple syrup.
I give you my Heat ‘n Sweet Chili!
For a Crowd.
(This recipe will easily serve 8 people!)
Heat n Sweet Chili
- 2 lb. ground beef or chuck ($3.98)
- 3 cans of beans – red kidney and/or black beans ($2.01)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes ($.32)
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies ($.16)
- 1 small red onion, chopped ($.40)
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed ($.20)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (I get my maple syrup free from Amazon, using Swagbucks )
- About 3 Tbsp chili powder (more or less, to taste) ($.15)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional – top with sour cream, shredded cheese, sliced green onions ($.50-$1)
- Veggie Side Dish – steamed broccoli ($.79)
- Brown the ground beef, drain and return to a large saucepan or Dutch oven.
- Add the undrained beans, the undrained diced tomatoes, the undrained Rotel diced tomatoes iwth green chilies, the chopped onion and crushed garlic. Stir to combine and bring to a slow simmer (slowly popping bubbles) over medium heat. Stir in the maple syrup, chili powder and salt and pepper, to taste. Let simmer 15-20 minutes. If you plan to simmer it longer than this, cover it so that it doesn’t lose too much moisture!
- Prepare veggie side dish.
- Serve Heat ‘n Sweet Chili with veggie side.
- Freeze the leftovers in smaller meal size portions. Or serve to a crowd with a side of baked potatoes or salad!
Cost $8.51 (not bad for a huge pot of chili!)
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/heat-n-sweet-chili/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
 scored that fabulous deal all those cans of tomatoes and diced tomatoes with green chilies: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2011/02/diced-tomatoes-shopping-trip.html
 Spicy Southern Chili: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2011/02/spicy-southern-chili.html
 Swagbucks: http://www.5dollardinners.com/onlineoffers/swagbucks
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.