- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Fish Stick Tacos
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On October 21, 2013 @ 5:00 pm In Fish,Recipes | 2 Comments
So my boys l.o.v.e fish sticks. They have become a simple and easy “momma had a late conference call” kinda dinner that we can have on the table in just a few minutes. I know the boys will polish their plates and I know that they are getting some good protein and omega-3s.
I’m not a huge fan of fish sticks. I don’t mind them really, but I don’t like them plain on my plate. They need to be dressed up. I have the same problem with coffee…I need it to be dressed up with other flavors like chocolate, caramel, and salt…preferably all together in the form of a Salted Caramel Mocha. I digress.
Dressing up fish tacos with some of my favorite flavors and colors…and also, really inexpensive ingredients. (One of the benefits of living in South Texas…the most common Tex-Mex ingredients are wicked cheap!)
Verdict on these…delish. And since we usually have all of these “supporting ingredients” stocked in the kitchen…I can now make myself fish stick tacos when the kids just want fish sticks.
Verdict from the boys…1 enjoyed his and the other 2 ate all the pieces separately. Tortilla, then the avocado mash, then the fish sticks. Those 2 are of the “don’t let me food touch” variety.
Fish Stick Tacos
Yield – 8 tacos
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 5 minutes
- 16 frozen fish sticks
- 8 flour tortillas
- Couple spoonfuls of salsa
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- about 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- Drizzle Garnish – lime juice from wedges
- Side dish – fresh fruit or veggies
- Cook the fish sticks as directed on the package.
- Lay out the flour tortillas and add a spoonful of salsa to each, along the center line of the tortilla. Add the cooked fish sticks over the salsa.
- Prepare the avocado spread by combining the mashed avocado with juice from 2 or 3 lime wedges and the cumin, garlic powder and salt. Spread the avocado on top of the fish sticks, then top with a pinchful of shredded cheese.
- Cut or prepare another fruit or vegetabel.
- Serve Fish Stick Tacos with fresh fruit or veggies. (We ate our with baby carrots.)
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/fish-stick-tacos/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.